In the last two years we have had a huge increase in clients wanting to purchase eco-friendly products for their promotional campaigns. In this age of increased environmental awareness, companies are taking a bigger initiative to reduce waste by implementing recycling programs, lean manufacturing, and many other programs.
Clients have asked me many times how they can get started in their offices.
Here are a few…
1) Post recycling signs and place collection bins
2) Arrange for an energy audit
3) Replace lighting with low-energy lighting and turn off the lights
4) Challenge yourself to achieve the same results using less, ie less paper, ink/toner, glue, etc.
5) Print smaller quantities of frequently updated materials to reduce over-printing
6) Use refillable pens and pencils
7) Encourage clients to obtain frequently updated materials online
8 Buy products with the highest percentage of post-consumer content
9) Choose a print service that practices sustainability
By making a conscious effort to lesson our impact on our environment, we all can help create a greener world.
Other partners that can help with eco-friendly solutions
Process Improvement: Robby Slaughter at www.slaughterdevelopment.com
Recycled toner for your printer: PrecisePrint, Susan Meskis, 317.956.9405